Saturday, February 20, 2010

Another Valentine

It's a little late, I know, but I really liked the way this card turned out.
The colors are a little washed out, the background paper is much more vibrant pinks. I got it years ago from Oriental Trading Co. The image is cut from Core'dinations paper, The Chocolate Box collection. This card stock, if you've never used it, is textured with a dark color on one side ( in this case brown) and a different color on the other. You can sand, tear or antique the darker side so that the other color shows through. I sanded just a little on my image, mostly around the edges. The image was cut from the A Child's Year cartridge in both a shadow and regular cut. The hearts were covered with Fruit Punch Stickles. It's attached to the card base with foam tape. The tag was cut from the Nestabilities Labels 3 set. The sentiment is from Studio G and stamped with SU Close to Cocoa ink. The cute corduroy button is also from SU. The ribbon is from Michael's and was actually brown and white, so I colored it pink with marker. Same thing with the ribbon in the button.
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
Maria

No comments:

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...