Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine's Day Blog Hop!

 VD Blog Hop Buton photo VDBH2014CM_zps1869c7c4.jpg
Welcome to our 2014 Valentine's Day Blog Hop!  Today you will see lots of wonderful, creative projects just in time for Valentine's Day.  You should have arrived here from Gina Beana's Crafts   If you are just joining us, please start at RockinRenee's blog.  There are so many great projects and I don't want you to miss a single one! 
I decided to do something different and make a shadow box.  I made a couple of these for Christmas and thought it would be fun to do one with a Valentine's theme. 
  
Here are some close ups of the different elements.
The bird cage was cut once with a glitter paper and two times with a thick card stock and all three were glued together for dimension. The bird layer was cut with the same glitter paper, then inked with red distress ink. I also added a bit of shimmer to the printed hearts with a Wink of Stella pen.
The hearts are cut from the same glitter paper as the bird cage and adhered with one or two thicknesses of foam tape for dimension. Small pearls were added to the rolled flowers centers and glass pearls were placed to the bottom of the shadow box frame as a finishing touch.
What's a hop without some candy? I have some, and to be eligible to win, just leave a comment on this post. Don't forget to leave me a way to get in touch. I'll draw a winner on Tu, Feb. 11th.

Thanks so much for joining up today and I hope you enjoyed my project for the Valentine's Day Blog Hop. Next up is the fabulous Di&Co's blog.

Supplies used:
8 X 10 Shadow box, Hobby Lobby
Printed paper by Pink Paisley
Color Core paper by Coordinations, White Wash
Cricut Sophie and CTMH Art Philosophy cartridges
EK Success Layering Heart Punch
Tim Holtz Distress inks, Barn Door and Peeled Paint
Wink of Stella Brush Pen, Glitter White

Just in case you get lost along the way, here's the line up for the hop:

1. RockinRenee - I came, I saw, I created.
2. HappyScrapper64 - Random Thoughts of a Scrapbooker
3. gonescrappin - Col's Creative Corner
4. Hrvatica  - Croation Crafter
5. Scootingranny - Scootingranny's World
6. MamaC - Carolyn's Creative Corner

7. Greenie8705 - Gina Beana's Crafts
8. MariaJ - Stamp, Cut, Create!               YOU ARE HERE!
9. Di&Co - Creating Is Like Breathing
10. Dragonfly50 - Designs by Dragonfly
11. TiffysMom - Angie's Paper Passion
12. *Violette* - Whimsical Treasures
13. cricutaddicted - ScrappingForMoreFun
14. LoriSjogren - The Singing Shell
15. Scrapalette - Around the Block with Scrapalette



32 comments:

Diane Hodrick said...

You are rocking the shadow box designs, Maria. Love your loose pearls...another clever and inspired idea!

Sara Andrews said...

Love, love, love this!!

The pearls are a fabulous idea. And isn't the Layered a Heart Punch the best thing ever??

Brenda said...

Your shadow box is beautiful! I'm going to have to try making one.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! The detail is just gorgeous! How cool that you were able to cut all those little hearts, too! Perfect!

Lori said...

Maria, truly beautiful! I love everything about it - down to the last pearl!

scootingranny said...

Very beautiful shadow box. The flowers, the pearls, the hearts, the glitter and bling are all very nice touches

Unknown said...

Absolutely love this! It's beautiful.

Diane said...

Your shadow box is so elegant! I love how you used the pearls at the bottom of the box. Love it!

Sis Patterson said...

Just beautiful - love the bits and pieces and how well they complement the love birds. Great idea - great details - perfect!!!

D- said...

Your shadow box turned out beautifully.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Your blog hop sister,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly
Dragonfly50 (MB)

Cocoa's Mom said...

Had to pin this, Maria. So, elegant and would make a lovely gift. Thank you so much for the inspiration. : ) Christine

barbarastewart1 said...

YOU have quite SIMPLY ... outdone yourself with this!!! Honestly, I so LOVE IT - using those pearls is just sooooooooooooooooooooo sweet.

Francine said...

You are the QUEEN of shadow boxes! Love all the little details on this, right down to the teeny weeny pearls!

Hrvatica said...

Oh my goodness, your shadow box is beautiful! The details are fantastic and they just mesh together so well.

Therese said...

I absolutely LOVE this! I'm a sucker for shadow boxes. The detail is simply wonderful!

Merrie said...

I have never tried a shadow box- yours is gorgeous. Will have to give it a try sometime. TFS. On to the next stop!

Kim M. said...

Great project! Love the pearls!

cdm317 said...

Maria, this is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love the birdcage and how you added the dimension to them. Total perfection! The flowers, hearts, and pearls are fabulous.

Lisa B said...

I just LOVE, your love shadowbox! Great colors and the pearl accents are stunning.

Unknown said...

Your Love shadow box is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Marty said...

Your shadow box is wonderful. I've made a few of these and I think they make great gifts.

Anonymous said...

Love, Love your shadow box - it so pretty and elegant.

MB: caffinee

Unknown said...

I love the shadowbox idea! what a fun creative yet different take on Valentine's!

coppertop1220 (MB)

Threadbear said...

Gorgeous shadow box, Maria!! I love the pearls!!

Pam said...

This is such an elegant shadow box! Wonderful job!!

Sage said...

beautiful! mind if I try to lift your idea?

Maria said...

Love, love your project.

Maria Reyes1 CC

Angie said...

what a cute shadow box i need to make something like this

Angie's Paper Passion said...

That is simply beautiful!!! I love everything about your shadow box. But the extra details that you used - the pearls, the dimension, the gorgeous papers - just add to it's beauty. Your flowers are just lovely and perfect!
Angie

mga said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! I have said it before "You are so amazingly talented"... I'm going to have to try making one... :)

EKittyScraps said...

Love your shadow box Maria! I need to try one sometime soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

RockinRenee said...

Everything you make is so dainty and pretty. Love how you mixed all the different elements together to create this special frame. Thank you for joining the hop and sharing your creativity.

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...