Sunday, October 4, 2009

Great Aunt June

Two weekends ago Tim and I made a quick (and surprise) trip to SC to help celebrate his Great Aunt June's 90th birthday.It was quite a celebration with her family and some of the small community she lives in joining in. When someone asked her what her secret to living so long is she says you should never stop working. Always have something for your mind and hands to do. I'm going to try to remember this, because if I live to be 90, I want to be just as sharp and able bodied as she is! Here's the card I made for her.

$1 Inkadinkado stamp, Bird Streamer
K and Co., floral paper
Hero Arts, crystals
Offray ribbon
SU classic ink, old olive
Tim Holtz distress ink, tea dye
Moon Glow 2 toned embossing powder, oakleaf olive/gold
Nestibilities, scallop squares

Happy Sunday, Maria



1 comment:

Carole Beath said...

What a sweet card for Great Aunt June...and her advice is ever so true. thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello.
I always love it when new friends visit.
Carole

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...