Sunday, October 14, 2012

Halloween Card-Rattle Your Bones

Hi everyone! This was my post for October on the Cricut Fanatics Blog.
 I hope you are having a great Friday! For today's project I'm sharing a cute Halloween card I made for my grandson. He loves everything I create for him with the Cricut, and he especially enjoys making things with me. He calls my craft room my Making room! Anyway, on to the card.
I started with a piece of white card stock cut 5 1/4" by 4" then covered it diagonally with coordinating strips of washi tape. I left the pieces long then folded the ends over the edges of the card stock for a clean, finished look.
 I then mounted this on a piece of black 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" card stock. The green mat is from Elegant Edges and is cut at 3.75" from a scrap of Bo Bunny paper. The edges were inked with Walnut Stain Distress ink by Ranger. It was adhered to the card with liquid glue. The phrase is from the A Frightful Affair cartridge, cut at 2.96" out  of orange glitter paper from DCWV. The original image has a skull on it, but I used the Gypsy's hide contour feature to cut only the words. The little skeleton is from the Trick or Treat cartridge and is cut at 3.70". My little trick for gluing all those small pieces is to pour a little puddle of glue out (I have a small plastic lid that I use for that) then use tweezers to pick up the small piece, dip lightly in the glue, then place on the bigger piece. I finished him off by adding some google eyes. For added fun, I used an Action Wobble to attach the skeleton to the card. It was actually a little too big but I was able to trim off some of the edges so it wouldn't be seen from the front.
Here's my attempt at a shot of the Action Wobble in motion! Once the card was complete I realized that I almost completely covered the washi tape background. Oh well, I still like the look of it!
That's my project for this month, hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend, and as always, thanks for stopping by!
Maria

No comments:

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...