My project today is a different way to use a "nugget" tin. Nugget tins are 5 1/2" X 3 1/2" tins with a clear insert in the lid, which is hinged. A lot of crafty people use them to place Hershey Nugget candies, wrapped in pretty paper, as gifts. I thought it would be fun to alter one and make a matching set of gift cards to fit in it.
To begin, I place 1/2" Washi tape around the top edge of the lid, using the lip on the bottom of the lid as a guide. I like using Washi tape for this, because it is very forgiving and easy to take off and replace if it gets crooked.
Here's a list of my crafty friends who are also participating in this fun occasion:
- Around the Block with Scrapalette - 11AM EDT Saturday, May 4, 2013 "Tic Tac Toe Challenge and Blog Prize!
- Col's Creative Corner - 1PM EDT Saturday, May 4, 2013 "Ease on Down the Road" Blog Prize- $15 Michael's Crafts Gift Card!
- Paper, Craft and Scissors - 3PM Saturday, May 4, 2013 "On Pins" theme and Blog Prize - $25 Simon Say Stamp Gift Card!
- Stamp, Cut, Create! blog - 4PM EDT Saturday, May 4, 2013. "Tin Is In" theme and Blog Prize!
- All Scrapped Out - 6PM EDT Saturday, May 4, 2013 "What's It Owl About" theme and Blog Prize!
- The Non-Crafty Crafter - 8PM EDT Saturday, May 4, 2013 "Let's Split- CCR Tutorial" (Learn to create a split letter monogram) and Blog Prize!
- Scrappin With The Bug blog - 10PM EDT Saturday, May 4, 2013 "The Crazy Bs Challenge" and Blog Prize!
- Sara W. Andrews blog - 9AM EDT Sunday, May 5, 2013 "Go Big or Go Home Challenge" and Blog Prize - $20 Hobby Lobby Gift Card!
- Scrappin With the Bug blog - 11AM EDT Sunday, May 5, 2013 "Tropical Sunset Color Challenge" and Blog Prize!
- I Came, I Saw, I Created blog - 6:30PM EDT Sunday, May 5, 2013 "Did-I-MENSION???" Challenge and Blog Prize!
Supplies used: Printed paper from October Afternoon; Cards, Labels, flower and leaf cuts from Cricut CTMH Artiste cartridge; Smile sentiment from Gypsy Wanderings; Lace, pearls, butterfly embellishment from Recollections; Stamps from Hero Arts