Monday, April 18, 2011

Welcome Spring

Hi there! I guess a lot of  people are ready for spring right about now. Here in Central Texas you'd think it was summer already, with temps reaching into the 90's today. I am not ready for that yet! Anyway, here's a card I made using the Spring Holiday Cards cartridge. I like the bright spring colors on it.

I used the Gypsy to design the card so the layers could be sized to fit an A2 card base. The images on this cartridge all feature a sentiment, which I decided not to use on this card so I used the hide contour feature on the Gypsy to keep it from cutting. I also did the same with the faces on the flowers.  The pink layer was embossed with a Crafts Too embossing folder. The patterned paper is We R Memory Keepers, the Peep stack. On the flower I used MS glitter in Yellow Barite and Lime Green Stickles. The white strip was made with an EK success Wavy Dotted Scallop punch. The sentiment is  a stamp from Pink By Design and stamped with SU Melon Mambo ink. I used a piece of bakers twine in Pea Pod to finish it off.

Hope you enjoyed my little bit of spring. Thanks for stopping by!


Scrapper69 said...

In the 90's wow! Nooo thank you! LOL I use to live in Vegas so I know what you're talkin' about.... don't miss that! LOL
Love the card though... very pretty and the glitter really adds to it! :o)

Got2BCrafting said...

Very pretty... great colors and love the glitter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Other Stuff