Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweetie!

Today is my youngest daughter's 25th birthday. Where did the time go? It still seems impossible sometimes that she is all grown up and has a little one of  her own. She loves cupcakes and the color red, so I used that as my inspiration. (although you can't see much of the red on the card.)




The cupcake is from Straight From the Nest. The top is DCWV glitter paper and embossed with a Cuttlebug Devine Swirls folder. The cherry is coated with Crystal Color Lacquer, though it's hard to see in this picture. The other papers for the cupcake are scraps. The background scalloped tag is from Gypsy Wanderings and the paper is from Me & My Big Ideas, Sunny Days collection. I added some stitching around the tag. The label is a Nestability Label 1, the smallest of the set. The Sentiment is from My Pink Stamper Sweetest Cupcakes set. It's stamped with SU Riding Hood Red ink. The background paper is SU Riding Hood Red and embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder from the Sentimentals set. The ribbon was actually white that I colored with a Copic marker. I love doing this when I don't have just the right color ribbon on hand.
Here's wishing my daughter a wonderful, happy birthday! We are all going to her house tonight, her husband is cooking dinner. Should be good!
Thanks for stopping by!
Maria

No comments:

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...