Monday, July 11, 2011

Movie Night Card

My son lives in NYC now and even though he's all grown up, we still like to send him care packages once in a while. Recently we came across some Blue Ray movies on sale and picked a few up for him. Of course, that meant sending a whole box filled with movie goodies, some of his favorite foods that he can't get up there, and one of mom's hand made cards!
I used the Imagine and the Hopscotch cart for the prints and solid colors on this card. The popcorn is from the Carousel Lite cartridge. The mottled effect on the container was a total accident, but I think it looks pretty cool. I had my Imagine set on Print only when I started and ended up with printed images. Then I changed it to cut and print, and ran it through again resulting in the image being printed twice. After the layers were put together, I decided to spray it with some Pearl Glimmer Mist. I guess the ink wasn't completely dry because some of it ran a little, giving it that effect. Hey, maybe I discovered a new technique!
The popcorn was made by covering the top with Liquid Applique, applying it heavier in some spots than others. After letting it dry for a few hours, I used the heat set tool to make it rise. One spot got a little too hot, but I think it made it look like the popcorn is buttered.
The title is cut with Cricut Classic Font and was created with they Gypsy.
A piece of antique twine was wrapped around the top and tied through a clear button by Stampin Up. The twine is from My Craft Spot. If you get a chance check out her hand dyed ribbons. They are yummy!
Kevin should be enjoying his goodies in a couple of days. Hope he likes the card as well!
Thanks for stopping by.
Maria

2 comments:

L.B. said...

What a lucky guy! Very very fun!

Nia said...

I hope your son loves his goodies - thanks for the inspiration!!!

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...