Monday, October 10, 2011

One Design, Two Birthday Cards

My Mom's and Mother in law's birthdays are just two weeks apart. This year I decided to try making the same basic card for each of them, just changing the images up. It's not like they are ever going to be together to compare them and even if they did, I don't think either one of them would really mind. Well, I hope not anyway!

So, as you can see, I started with the same basic design for both cards. The card base is a 51/2" by 41/4 " piece of  kraft cardstock that is embossed using the  Sizzix Bowstrings folder. The printed paper strips are from My Minds Eye Stella Rose collection. The paper is double sided, so I used each side for the strips. The bottom one is edged with the Eyelet Border punch from Stampin Up. A piece of vintage dyed twine from My Craft Spot was tied around the strips and threaded through a clear button from Stampin Up. The tag was hand cut and the stamped sentiment is from My Pink Stamper stamped with Stampin Up Chocolate Chip ink. The brad is also from Stampin Up.
The images on both cards are from the Cricut Lite Live Simply cartridge.The bird's nest was outlined with Cinnamon stickles and yellow stickles was used on both flower centers. The scallop circle is cut with a Nestability. Martha Stewart coarse glitter was used on the bee's wings. Finally, the images are adhered to the card with dimensionals.
I liked this idea so much that I'm toying with the idea of making up several cards with the same basic designs to keep on hand, then just adding the sentiments and images to suit the occasion. Who knows, next year everyone on my list may get the same birthday card! Well, except the guys. I may have to come up with something more masculine for them.:)
Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

Hrvatica said...

Cute cards. TFS.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Pretty cards! What a great idea...make two cards at the same time! I know the mothers will enjoy them!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...