Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Another Birthday Card

This one is for my son, who's birthday is on Wednesday. He has gotten into rock climbing the past couple of years so I was happy to find this cut in the Silhouette Store.
The actual cut is just the blue part, but I was able to create the shadow by using the offset feature. I created the sentiment tab with the software too, using print and cut.
The striped paper is DCWV from the Autumn Melody stack. The blue and brown paper is Coordinations. On the rock portion of the cut, I sanded the paper a little with a nail file, then lightly inked it with Old Linen Distress Ink. I added some small copper brads to complete it.
Here's the inside, just a little pun. This cut is from the Cricut Cupcake Wrappers cartridge. I'm finding that I am using both my Cameo and Cricut on quite a few projects. I guess it's just nice to have so many options!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Maria, What a great card! And what a fantastic blog. I want to comment on all the things I love but I'd be here all day! :) Thanks for the inspiration.

Abbey

Little Purple Forest

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...