Friday, August 17, 2012

Stick Pin Swap

Hi everyone. I recently participated in my first stick pin swap with some of the members of the Circle. There were three groups of 20 and we were to make 2 pins per group. I was only in one group, but after seeing some of the lovely pins that were created, I wished I had been in all three! Anyway, here are the pins I made.
Part of the swap was to create a holder to put the pins in. I came up with a matchbook style holder. It was pretty simple, especially compared to what some of the others did.
Here are the pins I received in the swap. The dress form pin cushion if from JoAnn's. Isn't it perfect?



They are all beautiful, unique and just fun to look at. This was a fun swap and I'm looking forward to doing more charm and bead type projects. Yup, yet another crafty thing to obsess over!
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Maria! Your pins and cover are so very pretty! You did such a great job! And the pins you recieved in the swap are just as pretty! What a fun swap!

Lady Fair said...

Beautiful stick pins - both yours and the ones you received. I would love to get started in this hobby, too. Where do you get the supplies?

Maria said...

Thanks! Most my beads and findings I bought locally from Michael's, Hobby Lobby and even Walmart. I found the stick pins at AC Moore online and Fire Mountain Gems. I liked them because they were a bit longer. There are also lots of good how to's on You Tube. Have fun!

Inspired Butterfly said...

I love it! How inspiring! I came to your blog after I read your comment on the Circle MB about craft motivation...glad I stopped by...you motivated me to create something tonight! Keep shining!

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...