Friday, July 9, 2010

Grandkids' Bathroom Decor

Tim and I are empty nesters, but are grandkids are over here quite a bit. I wanted to re-do the extra bathroom with something fun, but didn't want to follow any particular theme. When I found this shower curtain, it was the perfect jumping off point for my project. The bold, bright colors were just what I had in mind.



I wish I knew how to put the pics side by side on here. Have to look into that. Anyway, I used Create a Critter for all the pics. Most of the printed paper is from My Mind's Eye, Where the Heart Is. I was lucky enough to get the three top frames, which are 12 X 12 scrapbook page frames, for 1/2 price at Hobby Lobby. Doesn't show too well in these pics, but the background paper is just a plain piece of thin card stock that was scored with the Scor Pal. Just followed all the lines, then turned the paper 90 degrees and repeated. I like the dimension it added. I also glittered all the words with Martha Stewart fine marble glitter.
This last one is a larger frame, 18 X 22, that I picked up on clearance, I think at Garden Ridge. I used the Gypsy and the Opposites Attract font for the wording on the Hippo pic, and the word beautiful came from Paisley. The background paper is some tissue paper that I crumpled up a bit.
These were so fun to create and they really brighten up the bathroom. The best part is the kids really enjoy them and always point them out when they go in. Carter especially likes the Alligator, he thinks the bird on his back is quite funny for some reason!
Thanks again for looking!
Maria

1 comment:

L.B. said...

These wall decs are so much fun. I always marvel at the things people do with a cricut..I never think past scrapping and posters for my classroom but now I have an idea for my daughters new playroom. Thanks. I love the hippo!!

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...