Tuesday, November 30, 2010

And the Bride Wore...Converse?

This past Saturday my best friend's youngest daughter was married. Her colors were purple and orange, which I thought a bit odd, but it worked. The theme, I guess, was Converse. As in the tennis shoes. Yes, the bride and the entire wedding party wore them. (Not the groom though, he wore his Air Force dress blues so that would have been a no-no.) Anyway, I discovered a new talent, flower arranging and bouquet making! I was at her house all morning Friday helping to make the bouquets (6 total), corsages and boutonnieres. Fortunately my daughter has done this before, so she knew exactly what to do. I have decided that I much prefer working with paper! The wedding was beautiful, the weather couldn't have been more perfect and everything went off without a hitch. Here's the card I made for them.
The shoe cut is from the Lite cartridge, Slumber Party. It was too perfect! The background paper is from the DCWV Fairy Tale Princess stack. The lace is Wright's. The label is from Spellbinders Fancy Tags set. The sentiment was computer generated. The jewels are from Imaginesce. The other papers and ribbon were scraps I had on hand.
I hope they like the card and I also wish them many years of happiness together!
Thanks for stopping by.
Maria

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun wedding. What a cute, and fitting card :)

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...