Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kevin's Birthday Card

Kevin is turning 25 at the end of the month and I was finally able to finish his card. I got the idea of using the quarter on it since he will be a quarter of a century! Wow, that makes me feel really old now. The quarter was created with the Cricut Design Studio the My World cart and Plantin Schoolbook. I was able to rig a small gel pen and drew the details instead of cutting with the Cricut, then just cut the circular portion.This was attached to a slightly larger dark gray circle.The details on the quarter were heat embossed with Clear Tops embossing powder, Opal Silver Lining.
The striped paper is from the DCWV All About Boys Stack and the bottom is Coordinations Black Magic, Hocus Pocus paper that was sanded with a nail file. The top of this was punched with the Fiskars Threading Water border punch. Happy birthday was cut from the A Child's Year cart. It was finished off with some doodling and some brads from my stash. This card is bigger than I normally make, 6.5 X 5. Gotta get it in the mail so it gets to Kevin on time.
Thanks for stopping by,
Maria

No comments:

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...