Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Birthday Card for a Dear Friend

My good friend Ginger is celebrating her birthday today. We met when she started dating Tim's best friend in high school a few months after Tim and I started dating. Fortunately, we liked each other from the start and coincidentally our birthdays are just one day apart. [That means my birthday is tomorrow, in case you didn't catch that!;) ] As fate would have it we all ended up here in TX together and have celebrated our birthdays together every year for the past 20 years. No matter what's going on in each others lives, it's the one thing we always make time to do and I look forward to it every year.
I found the sentiment on line and the tree image immediately came to mind. The tree came from Wall Decor and More and the label from Lacy Labels. The background is from the DCWV Amber Autumn stack and the red and brown are from the coordinating solid stack. The off white square is from MS and actually has a pretty shimmer to it that doesn't show in the picture. I didn't think it looked feminine enough, so I added some small adhesive beads from Recollections and a bow with ribbon by Offray. I am so happy with this card, one of the few that actually turned out almost exactly as I pictured.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!
Maria

4 comments:

2 Ducky said...

What a perfect sentiment to go with this.

Kate said...

What an amazing friendship! I'm sure she's going to love the card, great job!

Janice said...

Love your card!

But do you realize that you just called your friend old?!?!?! LOL!

Happy Birthday to you both!

Angie said...

Happy belated birthday!

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...