Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Circle Blog Think Pink challenge entry

Hi everyone! This week the Circle Blog's challenge is Think Pink. We were challenged to create something using 2 cuts and to include 3 of the following: Pink, ruffles, scallops, jewels, flourishes and glitter. The prize, or I should say prizes, are awesome. They are giving away 1 Pink Expression with the Pink Journey cartridge and 5 additional Pink Journey cartridges. I am coming down to the wire with my entry, but no way was I going to miss out on this opportunity!
My entry is a tribute of sorts to my sweet poodle, Dixie. This picture was taken of her when she was about 3 months old. She's 5 now, but still looks at me with that same expression. The whole pink frilly thing is kind of ironic though, because Dixie is not this type of poodle. She loves nothing better than to play fetch, and if there is any mud anywhere, she'll find it. We used to have a koi pond in our back yard, and I swear, every time she came home from the groomers she would head straight for it and jump in! She is definitely a unique personality and I couldn't imagine life without her.
All the paper is from Stampin Up. The poodle was cut from the Once Upon a Princess cart, run through the Xyron and covered with Martha Stewart Onyx glitter. The sentiment is from Forever Young and cut from shimmer paper from WalMart. A SU Eyelet border punch was used on the pink border. The lace is from Kaisercraft and the jewel flourishes from Prima.
Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did making it. Thanks for stopping by!
Maria

No comments:

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...