Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stampin Up Only Santa Card

I'm participating in a card swap hosted by my SU rep, Barb (aka snowmanlover). She requested that we make our cards using only SU products. This was actually hard for me because I really wanted to add some Stickles or other bling and I discovered that I don't have any SU ribbon or sentiment sets. I ended up using one of the older sets, Happy Ho-Ho Holidays.
All stamps are from the the same set. The card base is made from Glorious Green cardstock and is cut to A2 size.The tag was hand cut and stamped with Tempting Turquoise and faux stitching was added with a Real Red marker. The Santa is colored with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and adhered to the tag with dimensionals. A real red corduroy button was added to the top of the tag. The lower layer was cut with the Scallop Trim border punch and faux stitched with the real red marker. The sentiment was also stamped with real red. The lace border is a piece of glorious green cut with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch. A real red corduroy button with twine was also added. The bottom layer is real red embossed with the Sizzix Large Dots embossing plate.
This was a fun, if not challenging card to make. Definitely made me realize how much I rely on my Cricut and other embellishments. Guess it also means I need to buy some more SU products!
Thanks for stopping by!
Maria

1 comment:

Snowmanlover said...

OH Maria, your card is gorgeous! Another one came in today too and she wanted to add some stickles, go ahead that is fine! I just want to be able to let the others know how it was made if they ask. Very very darling. She used the same cute punch and I don't have it yet. I only have it on our MDS software!!
Thanks for playing along in the swap!!
and working so hard!!
Barb

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...