Sunday, October 24, 2010

An Imagine Birthday Card

Good Sunday afternoon! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I've spent most of my time working on baby shower invites and decorations and this card for my mother in law. Her birthday is next Saturday.
The background paper was created on the Imagine using the print paper feature. It basically allows you to create a 12 X 12 piece of printed card stock. The pattern is from the Blossom Imagine Art cartridge. The fence and flowers were also printed and cut on the Imagine with images from the Bloom Lite cartridge. The colors used are also from the Blossom cartridge. The fence cut was mounted to the card base with foam tape. The sign is from Camp Out and the sentiment is computer generated. Eyelets from Making Memories were attached then some decorative wire was threaded through them so that it could "hang" on the fence. Jewels from Recollections were added to the flower centers and the flowers were covered with Pink Crystal Color Lacquer. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch, punched out twice. One butterfly was mounted to the card with foam tape, then the second to that one with more foam tape.
Here's a close up of the butterfly. I love the dimension. And here's the inside of the card with more of the punched butterflies and edging done with Stampin Up Barely Banana ink. I did write the verse myself, though it wasn't too difficult!
Thanks again for stopping by and checking out my work. The card got my husband's approval, so hopefully his mom will like it too! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Maria

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

This is very sweet. Love the colors and the patterns.

TFS

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...