Sunday, October 10, 2010

Imagine cards, Circle weekend challenge #2 and 3

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. The the second challenge this weekend was to create something for any holiday. I chose Christmas since it is my favorite and I need to start thinking about this year's cards.
This card is a 4 1/2" square. The white piece was cut with a Lacy Scallop square Nestability, the largest of the set. The print square in the center is from Imaginisce, the Cottage Christmas collection, and it was stitched to the lacy square. All the image cuts were made with the Imagine and Winter Frolic cartridge. The colors for the mouse and letters were made using RGB codes from tayloredmkt.com. The shadow and box were printed with a pattern from the Imagine More cart. Peachy Keen stamps were used to make the mouse's face. His body is outlined with a brown Copic Glitter marker. Red and pink Stickles were used on the bow and mouse ear.
For the 3rd challenge were were given a sketch. I found this Stampin Up Something Sweet set that I haven't used and decided to use this sentiment. Again, the Imagine was used for all the cuts and everything is from the Imagine More cartridge. The small squares were cut with George and Basic Shapes. The background paper is from my scrap stash. The faux stitching was done with a brown Copic glitter marker. (I really like those things!)
Whew, I think that's everything! This has been a lot of fun so far and I think has really gotten me motivated to get some stuff done. I have one more challenge to complete for this and the Circle Blog. I think I may use the same for both. I also have a fun Halloween project that involved creating something on the Gypsy. Hopefully I'll get those done this week too.
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Maria

1 comment:

Ladybug said...

Ohhh, Maria. Where have you been hiding. I would've loved to have seen your blog before now.

These projects are just toooo cute!
TFS!

NSD 2015 Challenge: Leave You In Stitches

Hi all and welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'll fill you in on that another time.  Today, ...